BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Yesterday, 03:51 PM   #1
WillyG22
Registered
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 2011 Bmw 335i E92, 2008 BMW 135i E88

Garage List
2008 Bmw 135i Convertible Roof Not Working

Hello everyone, my 135i E88 convertible does not work, I press the button to remove the top and the windows go down, the roof unlocks but the red light above the button starts flashing and I get a warning for the top in red on the dashboard, I put the scanner on it and it doesn't give me any code, I changed the two salmon-colored relays and the problem continues, I checked the fuse and it's fine, I'm starting to get desperate because I don't know what to do, if anyone has the same problem or has already solved it please help
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 04:50 PM   #2
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 135i 6MT

Just going to toss out a softball here - is the tray in the trunk pushed up? I had a really frustrating morning one time with all the similar symptoms, all pissed that something must be broken, and figured out that my wife had accidentally raised up the tray to fit something in the trunk, not realizing it would prevent the top from opening...
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:30 PM   #3
WillyG22
Registered
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 2011 Bmw 335i E92, 2008 BMW 135i E88

Garage List
Yes, I have already raised and lowered it several times thinking that suddenly some sensor was reading wrong but the problem still continues.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:18 PM   #4
GoRomeo
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i, 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [9.50]
2006 330i  [6.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyG22 View Post
Hello everyone, my 135i E88 convertible does not work, I press the button to remove the top and the windows go down, the roof unlocks but the red light above the button starts flashing and I get a warning for the top in red on the dashboard, I put the scanner on it and it doesn't give me any code, I changed the two salmon-colored relays and the problem continues, I checked the fuse and it's fine, I'm starting to get desperate because I don't know what to do, if anyone has the same problem or has already solved it please help

I bought an E88 last year and had a good learning experience with the convertible top when I had go replace the side covers amd fix it myself.

1 Let me ask you.. whats the error message you get on the actual dashboard? Once you match the error go to owners manual and follow the suggestion to fix.

2 Have you tried doing a couple of windows close/open full cycles make sure the windows are going all the way down?

3 Close the top completely and disconnect the battery for about 15 min see if this resets the mechanism. Reconnect and try again.

4 If all fails, try opening the top again and when it gets the error, disconnect the battery let the system go to sleep and see if you can open the top manually with your hands. Open tray and push top all the way down. With the top fully down. Reconnect battery and try to close top with the buttons.

I hope this helps.
Appreciate 1
jwolf79.50