BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-07-2024, 12:33 PM   #1
E13
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

There’s some sort of buzzing underneath the drivers seat anytime the car isn’t completely shut off. It’s coming out of the sub woofer underneath the seat. It starts when unlock the car and stops after the cars been turned off for a few minutes. How do I go about fixing this?
I’ve also had some cutting and random static in another speaker, maybe it’s related?
I also had water get in the car, so also could be a short? Any help is appreciated
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2024, 12:19 PM   #2
E13
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryza View Post
Alright, here’s the deal with that buzzing under the driver’s seat. It’s likely your subwoofer’s got some issues with the wiring or the connections. If it’s buzzing when you unlock the car, that’s a sign it might be picking up interference or there’s a short somewhere. First thing’s first, check the connections to the subwoofer. Make sure they’re all snug and free of corrosion.

As for the cutting and random static in another speaker, it could be related. Water getting into the car can definitely cause shorts and messed-up connections. Try checking all the wiring for any signs of moisture or damage. You might need to pull out the affected speakers and inspect the wiring and connections there too.
It fixed itself, but further inspection suggested it was water
Appreciate 0