BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-02-2024, 06:41 PM   #1
couriorE87
Registered
Rep
Drives: e87 2005 118D

Issue connecting to OBD2 port 2005 E87 118D

Hi all. Having an issue with anything connecting to my OBD2 port. Pin 1 and 16 have 12v with ign on, 4 and 5 are good grounds, and pin 7 (Kline) shows 12V as well. Ive probed the adapter when it was plugged in and can see voltage so its not a case of a dodgy connection. Ive tried a ELM 327 cheapo thing, a Vgate iCAR 2, BMW Scanner 1.4.0, and a locksmith has tried 2 of his laptops to try and make me a spare key, they all seem to get the 12V etc, but nothing can communicate on the k-line. I bought a K-DCAN cable with the green circuit board, and with INST it shows the 2 black dots when i put the ignition on, but then says no connection to modules when i scan. So i think my last option is to buy/try a spare JBE module But i would have thought the basic adapters would have at least been able to read something if all was ok? Everything electronic in the car works fine. Just have a CEL on for emissions (hence wanting to scan it).

Anyone else had this and know of what to try? Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0