F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Going to the west coast for two weeks, suggestions?
GetBMWParts

09-08-2011, 04:01 PM   #23
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
In & Out has a hidden or secret menu. You can find it on the internet.My youngest, when he was swin=mking and playing water polom used to eat 2 4x4's portion style. That would be 4 patties all warapped in lettuce no bun. Actually if you've eaten at a five guys back east it's pretty similar.
Here's a link describing In-n-Out's "secret" menu: Badmouth
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 04:31 PM   #24
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
I want to visit CA just for In & Out
Seriously, i was in cali for 8 days and never had a convenient time to stop at an In/Out.

With all the hype, i was pissed for weeks.....
      09-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #25
Trijicon
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Bay Area and Sonoma for world class eats. Google Michelin Review restaurants. SF is a very interesting city. Monterey/Pacific Grove is another world.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 07:21 PM   #26
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
Seriously, i was in cali for 8 days and never had a convenient time to stop at an In/Out.

With all the hype, i was pissed for weeks.....
What a letdown. My condolences.
      09-09-2011, 09:13 AM   #27
g_rant
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

When you stop by SF, hit up union square for all the shops, theres also a mall close by to it. If you wanna see some interesting people, head to haight/Ashbury. Also try checking out pier 39 if you have a chance. Or PM me and I'll be your tourguide for a day
      09-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #28
GarySL
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 Carrera 4S

Part II, north of SF, Hwy 1:

Marin Coast:

First, a lay-over for dinner at the El Paseo in Mill Valley and slight detour off Hwy 1 to Muir Woods (look for the elusive albino redwood, I think there are 4-5 of them in the park).

The Marin coast is jammed packed in the most intriguing fashion of spectacular places, especially given ample time to explore. Upon arriving to the bluffs you have the choice of opportunities to beach comb at Muir Beach, Stinson Beach or in and around Bolinas, including a visit to the Audubon Sanctuary & the Pt. Reyes Bird Observatory headquarters. Plenty of quirky places to stay in Bolinas. Exhaust those possibilities and you have Pt. Reyes National Seashore, Tomales Bay & great eating/lodging at Inverness or Pt. Reyes Station. I stayed at a bizarre B&B in Tomales once, owned by an artist with rooms full of his art and seemingly the same characters that were painted you shared the lodging with.

Sonoma Coast:

Bodega Bay and the nearby sleepy village of Bodega, where Hitchcock filmed 'The Birds' provide diversion from the adjacent dramatic coastal views from the highway hanging from the bluffs beyond to the north. Must stops include the Russian River mouth at Jenner, Salt Point State Park, a history lesson at Fort Ross State Park and a detour to the famous Italian lunch spot in Occidental (Negri's) or a drive through the coastal development at Sea Ranch.

Mendocino coast:

Home of the quality coastal bed & breakfast, you name the community, Anchor Bay, Little River, Albion, Elk, Caspar, let alone the towns of Point Arena, Mendocino or Ft. Bragg, there's a place you will never forget. St. Orres in Gualala is one of those despite having been over 30 years since I stayed there. And where to start to explore? Pt. Arena lighthouse, Point Cabrillo lighthouse, Mendocino Headlands, Russian Gulch, Jughandle Pygmy Forest, Mendocino Botanical Garden and all the beaches, Manchester, Van Damme, Little River, MacKerricher... And then on to Humboldt, stay tuned for Part III.

Last edited by GarySL; 10-16-2011 at 09:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2011, 06:23 PM   #29
michaelthepsycho
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 11 Montego Blue E90 335i Step

Anaheim? Dijneyland.

Come by Mt. Baldy for a few runs up and down the mountain. I'm right at the base of the mountain.
      10-16-2011, 12:44 PM   #30
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

going through the list this week Thanks all! (particularly Gary) Let me know if anyone has any suggestions for the trip back! (or I might end up splitting the trips in half)
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #31
GarySL
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 Carrera 4S

Part III-Humboldt County

For simplicity, this description stays primarily on or near Hwy 101. Couple great lunch spots in Garberville (Wood Rose Cafe, Cecil's) & people watching of the well-established pot culture universal central. Quickly off Hwy 101 to the parallel scenic Avenue of the Giants. Primo river access & redwood groves to explore are Williams Grove & California Women Federation Grove (look here at first grove access road turn out, to a short trail to spectacular albino redwood). Best redwood groves are Founders Grove and short detour on Honeydew Road to the Rockefeller Grove. Simple cabin lodging in Redway, B&Bs in Ferndale or traditional overnight lodging in Eureka. Plenty of eating establishments in Eureka/Arcata (Avalon/Three Foods Cafe/Tomo's are some of the best) or go for the traditional logger's meal at the Samoa Cookhouse (breakfast is best). Beaches become easily accessible beyond Arcata (Clam Beach, Trinidad, Big, Stone & Freshwater Lagoons). Redwood National Park & Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park provide more excellent redwood forest watching (Lady Bird Johnson Grove or Fern Canyon dirt road side trip).

Part IV-Del Norte County

Just beyond Prairie Creek Redwoods off the Drury Parkway is the old coastal road, now Coastal Drive to great views of the Klamath River mouth, close encounters with elk (if you haven't had one yet). And back on Hwy 101 through the sleepy fishing village of Klamath and tourist trap Trees of Mystery (features a nice gondola ride through the redwood canopy & first rate local Indian culture museum). And more beaches beyond, False Klamath Cove, Damnation Creek Trail, Endert's Beach, Crescent Beach. Food/lodging in Crescent City with marginal eating options (Los Compadres & Thai House). Traditional sea food available at the Harbor View Grotto. More beaches nearby from the Crescent City Harbor off 2nd Street, Pebble Beach Drive & Pt St George near the airport. Remaining Hwy 101 through Del Norte Co. skirts past the last California Redwoods State Park (Jed Smith) and the fishing hot spot of the Smith River. Oregon just up and over the Winchuck River. For Oregon & Washington you are on your own, have a good trip.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 10:57 AM   #32
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nym3pimp View Post
I heard most in nouts are inconsistant. The one in vegas was good once out of three times. The cab ride was like twenty bucks each way the burgers wefe like a dollar fifty. Not worth it. If you stop in vegas stay at encore.

yea wynn and encore are my places of choice in vegas
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 11:01 AM   #33
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep

and thanks again Gary!
Appreciate 0