E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Tires too skinny?

05-04-2024, 09:30 AM   #1
stratcat944
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Tires too skinny?

Hey all, since I needed new tires, I decided to get some new wheels since the stock rims were pretty beat up. I bought the wheels and had my shop get the tires and do the install since I wanted the tire pressure sensors replaced by them.

These are the Pirelli run flats they put on but the rims stick out beyond the tires and it just doesn't look right to me. I'm worried I'm going to scratch the rims up bad. The shop had trouble keeping the tires inflated on the new wheels which makes me even more suspicious the tires are not wide enough.

I'm tempted to go back and ask them to replace thes tires. What do you guys think? Any advice here would be very much appreciated!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2024, 09:35 AM   #2
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F25 E91 Audi Avnt E90 Cayenne

depends of the wheel width and tire specs.

You can run ''stretched'' tires on a wheel no problem (up to a certain extend) and according to your picture, this seems a acceptable stretch.

Normally you want to do this avoid tire rubbing on the fender if your wheels are flush. Which in your case doesn't seem to be the case.

If you need to change the tires, get the wheel spec, or simply increase the tire width from 1 or 2 size.

here's mine, and no issue. Yes you need to look out for curb rash.

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2024, 11:03 AM   #3
stratcat944
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Thanks OD, that makes me feel a lot better about this. I've been using this shop for 20+ years, they know what they're doing but they have a new service advisor that I haven't worked with before.
I appreciate the reply!
Appreciate 0