05-13-2005, 05:50 PM   #1
wolke9
apexlvr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 VW GTI;335i m-sprt ordrd

Post 1st year gremlins?

Hello. .

I have recently been obsessing about the new E90 and was wondering if any of you are concerned about 1st year production problems common with newly introduced vehicles. Is BMW better/worse than other manufacturers in having new models free from production/engineering issues that frequently occur the 1st and 2nd year of production?

I recently test-drove a 330i 6sp/sprt pkg/prem pkg, silver ext/blk int. I was thoroughly impressed with the car. I have never owned a BMW before due to (perceived) reliability/maintenance cost issues. I can only say that this is the most balanced, smooth, sporting, and driver-oriented vehicle I have ever driven and one of the best-looking cars out there. I hope to someday own one and have already started my savings for one. The maintenance costs still scare me, but I guess I can always put more $$ away for those times. If I purchased, I would most likely keep past the 4yr/50k warrantee.

Any input on previous history of 1st year models would be appreciated. I'm glad that this site is available for E90 enthusiasts (wanna-be owners) such as myself.
Appreciate 0