View Single Post
      04-26-2024, 08:18 PM   #1
monster6a2
United_States
Rep
Drives: f30 335i xdrive

N55 Valvetronic Issues, what a surprise

So my dumbass overpaid for a 2013 335i that clicked every time I opened the door, I just overlooked it bc German cars and weird sounds are like cake and ice cream

The ‘woodpecker’ noise is coming from the valvetronic motor, and I was just planning on replacing that to fix the problem. No rough idle, just some power loss, and no check engine lights even tho I am getting one valvetronic malfunction code

The eccentric shaft gear has some wear, but nothing out of the ordinary for a higher mileage car, but the worm gear is clearly damaged. Currently am not driving it because I don’t want to damage the shaft anymore in hopes of being able to reuse it.

Should I reuse it? I have all the necessities to install and relearn the motor, but I haven’t bought anything because I’m not sure if just the motor would fix it.
Quote:
Let me know if anyone has any feedback on what I should do in this situation. Am planning on buying a warranty on the drivetrain as I have the option to, but as there currently is no warranty, I have to fix this on my own as I don’t plan on committing fraud lol
Appreciate 0